- Do not write your name on this paper.
- For questions 1-4, answer either T (True) or F (False).
- For question 5, circle the statement letter with which you most agree.
- Turn your paper over when you are through.
True or False?
- Weather and climate are the same.
- The climate has been the same in each area since the Earth’s continents were formed.
- Both humans and nature can cause global climate change.
- Human actions can increase or decrease the amount of carbon dioxide that is put in the atmosphere.
- Four students are discussing global climate change at lunch. Each one has different ideas and statements about it. You may not agree with everything a student says, however, circle the one whose statement you most agree with or like the best.
- Molly: Global warming is not the same thing as global climate change. Global warming is not as bad and will not affect things like global climate change. Both can be caused by nature.
- José: Forests play an important role in keeping carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere. The trees will absorb it and this will help prevent climate change. Planting trees will stop climate change.
- Ahmed: The climate is changing due to the excess of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere caused by humans. If it weren’t for humans, none of this would be happening.
- Shawna: The whole issue is very confusing. There are no answers and nothing we can do. Nature controls the climate and we have to depend on nature to take care of it.