PLT’s Student Pages are fillable PDF’s and compatible with Google Classroom. When paired with an additional PDF reader plugin, the PDFs can be used as is, see the Tools tab>Student Pages, visit the Technical Support Appendix (left side menu) to learn more. You can also use the PLT’s Google Slides to have students access and revise the student pages directly. Access the Google Slides PLT Student Page Templates to create editable files for students below.
Google Slide Student Pages for Energy in Ecosystems:
Click the following view-only links for Activities 1-6 for Google Classroom adaptable student pages. Please note, Activity Level A and B are separated into 2 slide decks to offer the best formatting for horizontal vs. vertical pages. We encourage you to use the Google Slides for student worksheets but the PDFs for informational reading for best quality.
- Google Slides Template Level A (Kindergarten) Set 1 & Level A (Kindergarten) Set 2
- Google Slides Template Level B (Grade 1 ) Set 1 & Level B (Grade 1) Set 2
- Google Slides Template Level C (Grade 2)
Instructions for Using Google Slides PLT Student Pages
- Open the activity links above to access the view-only Google Slides PLT Student Page.
- Once open, click File > Make a Copy to save to your Google Drive. Make a copy of the entire presentation, select slides of certain student pages, or individual presentations of each student page. You will not be able to make any edits to the slides until they have been copied to your Google Drive.
- Once copied, you can rename and edit files accordingly. Student worksheets include text boxes where appropriate for students to enter text. Keep these to allow the students to type their answers.
- Please note: See additional Teacher Instructions in the Speaker Notes section of the google slide decks. You may want to delete these instructions before creating student ready slides for Google Classroom.
- Once the slide deck(s) are student ready, please login and navigate to your Google Classroom for the E-Unit.
- Click Classwork and chose Create Assignment, then fill in the information for the assignment (Title, Instructions, Due Date, etc.).
- Click Add and chose from Google Drive. Either search for the Student Page(s) slide decks you wish to attach or find it in your Recent section.
- Once selected, click Add. Once attached, use the down arrow to the right of the file name and select “Make a copy for each student.” Otherwise students will be able to edit your template.
- Now you are ready to assign the student page to your students!
- Once assigned, students will receive a notification that they have a new assignment.
- On Google Classroom, students can click the assignment which will open in Google Slides.
- With the slide deck open, students should enter their answers in the text boxes labeled “Type Here.”
- Students should add their name to the Name text box on each Student Worksheet.
- When finished, students can close out of the browser tab as slides will save automatically. Students can repeat these steps until it is ready to turn in.
- Once complete, the student should return to Google Classroom and click “Turn In.”